Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Warm weather riding (and running)

I've been thinking about doing some sort of bike tour/marathon this summer. Now's the time to start training, or at least thinking about it. I sometimes think I can't take on one more 'thing' on my to-do list, but these goals are very me-friendly, and momME time is always a good thing to map out well in advance.



My friend and fellow yogini mama Andi introduced me to this ride that she's thinking of doing this summer, and, well, it seems right up my alley. Plus, their website is just downright beautiful. And it's a women-only ride, and for a good cause ...

Another idea is the Boulder Backroads Marathon in September. Hmm. The Galloway run/walk method is a favorite of mine, and makes it feasible for anyone to do long distance runs. I trained with a group in Durango in 2005, but bowed out because of weird ankle stuff. So running may still not be in my future. But the Galloway program rocks!

Planning any rides/races this summer?

1 comment:

LobotoME said...

that venus bike race sounds fun - maybe i can make it up there to do it with you!

J :)