Thursday, March 20, 2008

Free Tibet



I don't watch the news. I hardly even listen to NPR anymore. I'm really out of the loop (almost always) about our pop culture and the latest happenings. Sometimes it's just all too much to take in ... and the news is, well, so sad. I'm really saddened about the happenings in Tibet, especially the violent clashes between the Chinese and Tibetan protesters lately. I practice a style of meditation known as vipassana (well, now my meditation looks more like changing a diaper, scraping bits of food off the floor, and wiping off a yogurt-covered face than sitting on the actual cushion). So the best I can do right now is send metta, or lovingkindness (a vipassana practice), to the Tibetan and Chinese people, and all those in conflict.

May all beings be peaceful.
May all beings be happy.
May all beings be safe.
May all beings awaken to the light of their true nature.
May all beings be free.
I'll add more details on metta in a future post.

Here's a press release from the Dalai Lama, sent a couple days ago. You can also visit Free Tibet's website for more info here.

May all beings be free.

No comments: