Thursday, May 22, 2008

Rainy Thursday


Alas, a span of three days have past this week, and no posts. I suppose I should say right now that this will become a new trend for me: I'm probably shifting to a 2-3 posts per week kinda schedule. It feels a little less forced to have a more casual approach to the whole blog thing.

Some things I'm excited about right now:
1. that summer is here
2. that Louisville now has its own Farmer's Market on Saturdays (can't wait to check it out this weekend!)
3. all of the incredible recipes I keep discovering in the Splendid Table's How to Eat Supper cookbook, my new favorite, like really easy macaroons (can't wait to make them again and dip them in chocolate this time)*
4. the pressure cooker/bean kick I'm on at the moment, and actually the cooking kick I'm on: a great way to wind down from a day at my desk.
5. the thought of doing a Hawaiian luau party this summer sometime, and the fun invitation I could create for it
6. running the Bolder Boulder on Monday with about 50K other peeps
7. that ross is actually going to start on the tiling project in our shower this weekend (or tomorrow, maybe??)
8. zumba class this afternoon

here's that macaroon recipe (but you should probably just go get the cookbook, it's that good):

Sally's Coconut Macaroons
Oven to 350. Spread a sheet of parchment on a large baking sheet.
In a large bowl, whisk together: 2 large eggs, 1/2 cup sugar, generous pinch of salt, and 1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract. Blend in 3 cups sweetened shredded coconut (I used unsweetened raw shredded coconut and it worked just fine). Drop generouus teaspoonfuls on baking sheet, and bake 20-25 mins until the macaroons are golden brown with crisp edges. Transfer to a rack and cool.

No comments: